Trusted Tablets Pharm - Generic Ventolin Inhaler
|100mcg × 1 inhaler||€ 19.95||€ 19.95|
|100mcg × 2 inhaler||€ 35.95||€ 17.98||€ 3.95|
|100mcg × 3 inhaler||€ 50.95||€ 16.98||€ 8.90|
|100mcg × 4 inhaler||€ 63.95||€ 15.99||€ 15.85|
Generic Ventolin Inhaler is a bronchodilator drug. It is used for the relief and prevention of asthma attacks.
How does it work?
This drug belongs to the group of expectorant pharmaceuticals that are used to treat respiratory diseases.
The active ingredient of Ventolin is albuterol (also known as salbutamol), which is a beta-2 adrenergic agonist. It has the ability to stimulate β-two adrenergic receptors. The latter have the property to have a noticeable bronchodilator effect, focusing on the blood vessels of the bronchi and expanding the bronchi.
Albuterol has an invaluable property to prevent and interrupt arising bronchospasm. It is able to reduce the resistance that occurs in the respiratory tract, while the vital capacity of the lungs increases.
Albuterol reduces the release of histamines, contributes to the expansion of the coronary arteries of the circulatory system while lowering blood pressure is not observed.
The drug has the property of facilitating the work of the lower parts of the respiratory system – the lungs and bronchi.
Indications for use
- Bronchospastic syndrome;
- Bronchial asthma (including nocturnal – prolonged forms) – prevention and relief;
- COPD (including chronic bronchitis, pulmonary emphysema).
Do not use Generic Ventolin Inhaler if you have any of the following conditions:
- age under 2 years.
With caution: tachyarrhythmia, severe heart failure, arterial hypertension, thyrotoxicosis, tachyarrhythmia, pheochromocytoma, pregnancy, lactation, coronary heart disease (angina pectoris, myocardial infarction), myocarditis, heart defects, aortic stenosis, diabetes mellitus, epilepsy, convulsions.
Dosage and mode of application
The drug is used for inhalation.
In order for albuterol to get into the respiratory throat during inhalation, you need to:
- shake the spray can;
- exhale as much as possible air from the lungs;
- insert an aerosol mouthpiece into your mouth, clasping it with your lips on all sides;
- click on the bottom of the can and at the same time take a deep breath;
- hold your breath for as long as possible.
1 dose is usually sufficient. You will feel a relief in about 5 minutes.
If during the application it becomes clear that 1 dose of the drug is not sufficient, then you can introduce 2 doses of the drug. In this case, the interval between inhalation of these two doses should be at least 30 seconds.
To prevent an attack during exercise or contact with an allergen, 2 doses of the drug are inhaled.
With long-term maintenance therapy, a patient does 2 inhalations 4 times a day.
The maximum daily dosage is 8 doses per day.
Children aged 4 to 12 years receive 50% of the adult dose.
- Frequent: palpitations, tachycardia (during pregnancy – in the mother and fetus), headache, tremor, nervous tension;
- Rare: dizziness, insomnia, muscle cramps, nausea, vomiting, sweating;
- Very rare: allergic reactions (urticaria, skin rash, angioedema, paradoxical bronchospasm, erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, arrhythmia, chest pain, hypokalemia, neuropsychiatric disorders (including psychomotor agitation, disorientation, memory impairment, aggressiveness, panic state, hallucinations, suicidal attempts, schizophrenia-like disorders, urinary retention.
Symptoms of acute poisoning: angina pectoris, tachycardia (with heart rate up to 200 beats per minute), palpitations, arrhythmia, dizziness, dry mouth, fatigue, headache, hyperglycemia (replacing hypoglycemia), decreased or increased blood pressure, hypokalemia, insomnia, malaise , nervous tension, cramps, tremors.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Generic Ventolin Inhaler can be used by pregnant women in the first trimester of pregnancy.
Breastfeeding is suspended during treatment with this drug.
Interaction with other drugs
- It is not recommended to combine albuterol and non-selective ß-adrenergic receptor blockers, such as propranolol;
- Albuterol is not contraindicated in patients who receive monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs);
- Albuterol enhances the action of central nervous system stimulants;
- The co-administration with theophylline and other xanthines increases the likelihood of developing tachyarrhythmias;
- The co-administration wit drugs for inhalation anesthesia, levodopa increases the likelihood of developing severe ventricular arrhythmias;
- Concomitant use with m-anticholinergics (including inhalation) can cause an increase in intraocular pressure. Diuretics and glucocorticosteroids enhance the hypokalemic effect of albuterol.
Advantages of the drug
Generic Ventolin Inhaler is very popular due to a number of advantages:
- rapid onset of action;
- low therapeutic dose required;
- reduced risk of side effects;
- low price.